Subject: Re: Q700 Audio
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@invalid.null>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/2003 19:26:53
Hello Mike,

   MGS> Omni is omnidirectional...The Q700 was years before
      > PlainTalk...

Ah, pity.  I might be able to use a resistor to drop a line-
level signal to microphone levels, but I would probably just
use another machine.

Sitting next to the Q700 is a Performa 638CD that has 'RCA'
phono sockets for line audio and composite video in. I don't
imagine the video capture card works under NetBSD and I
would have to find a full 68040 chip for it.

   MGS> It is likely just a different name for a headphone
      > jack...they needed a different name for when they had
      > a convenient jack in the front (headphone) as well as
      > the jack in the rear (speaker).

My Quadra 700 doesn't have a headphone jack on the front,
but perhaps other machines of its vintage do.

Thanks,
   - Andy Ball.