Subject: compiler error (was Re: gcc ?!?)
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/2003 14:35:37
Hey!

Good, Allen! there is always a difference between a wannabe unix user and an
experienced one... this was it. "unlimit" without any parameters frees every
limit and both incriminated files compiled OK.
What is this memory limit concretely? something like a "quota" on the ram? I
checked memory consumption with TOP and it never swapped really, physical
ram was enough it seemed.
So BlackBox compiled fine. That thing was on the dependence of another ,
this is why I was compilint that.

I hoped you aid in ram limitation whould help the compile of GNUStep also.
But the Kernel Panic with "out of address space" remains when configure
checks for "mmap". I noticed you all guys are very silent about that :) this
is strange. I even tried single-user mode! From what I see the make is doing
the incriminated package is ffcall which is a required dependency.

A Kernel Panic is never a good thing...

anyway, thanks again (long is the way to knowledge)