Subject: Q700 Audio
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@invalid.null>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/2003 23:13:15
Hello,

Looking at my Quadra 700 sitting on the shelf, I'm wondering
about its audio jacks.  Apple's Web site describes it as
having an "Omni" type Mic, I don't know whether this means a
PlainTalk mic (i.e. whether my Q700 has a line-level input).
It also mentions a "Speaker" port. Would this be a nice line
-level output or some awkward amplified signal?  Am I right
in assuming that the output is mono?  Is it mono on a mono
3.5mm jack, or the same output on both channels of a stereo
3.5mm one?  Is the sound chip 8-bit linear?  8-bit log?
Just wondering what (if any) cables to order.

   - Andy Ball.