Subject: Re: Max RAM?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/2003 16:51:38
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 04:43:43PM -0500, chris wrote:

> If you are seeing a tech note that says 4 MB, then you are looking at a
> listing for the SE not the SE/30 (despite the similar name, they are two
> very different machines).

I see - I couldn't find any specs for the SE 30 in Apple's site.

> And FYI: I have heard reports that the SE/30 can actually use a max of
> 128 MB of ram (8 slots, 16 MB each slot). I myself have never tried it,

Realistically, what amount of RAM would people consider adequate for running
NetBSD very comfortably? Anyone using X? How much RAM to use X? (I will most
likely be using the console but I thought I would ask anyway ;-)

--
.jA
repoleveD \ .nimdA smetsyS