Subject: Re: Distributing bulk package building (was mac68k Packages for 1.6)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/2002 17:38:17
http://distcc.samba.org/

I don't know if this could be hacked into something useful for
internet-distributed cluster-style makes... it wouldn't be as fast as
farming out the individual dependencies, and is only as parallel-safe as
make -j is, but since all the preprocessing is done on the client, about
the only thing the servers need is a toolchain consistent with the
client.

maybe for a per-cluster basis with the dependency framework laid on top
of that...  :)

when I get my computer corner done I'll have to investigate this.

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400