Subject: Re: mac68k Packages for 1.6
To: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/2002 22:18:28
On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:11:30PM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> - quadra 900/950  (besides, those would be fast macs and useful to
> build&compile, especially as regards of scsi controller) which would help my
> IIfx too

The Q950 works right now, headless.  I'm running one.  The SCSI is using
regular 'esp,' and the serial ports are in compatible mode.  The IOP
code does need some love and attention, though, if anyone's interested
in working on it.  I'd really like to, but I really can't find the time.
:-(

> - a better color X support? i wasn't able to build it under 1.5
> - faster SCSI support (DMA) on quadra840

Hey, mrz!  What's up with this?

> IIRC floppy disk isn't working on any mac, but that's a minor priority!

I think it was working for the IWM.  At least a little.  Am I wrong?
Floppies are a pain, anyway...  :-)

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...