Subject: Re: mac68k Packages for 1.6
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mattias Sandstrom <mattias@beauty.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/2002 21:47:02
Allen Briggs wrote:
>>I was wondering about how package builds would be done. I just compiled
>>standalone-tcsh on my SE/30 and it took around two to three hours. I
>>started a kernel compile last night and it is still going almost ten
>>hours later.
>
> How much RAM do you have?  Are you swapping a lot, or have I just
> forgotten what the speed of these machines is?

a full kernel compile takes between 12 and 18 hours (i haven't timed it)
on my classic II with 10 megs (32 installed) and no fpu, and my ultra
slim customized classic II kernel about 10 hours. a se/30 should be
almost twice as fast, right? everything else runs at "normal" speed,
like apache, mysql, and netatalk which are my local daemons. links,
nano, ftp and my other applications too. anyway, i'm getting a lc III
next weekend with 20 megs of ram and fpu. i'm expecting it to fly... ;-)

	/matt