Subject: Re: mac68k Packages for 1.6
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/2002 15:33:35
On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:28:52PM -0800, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> I was wondering about how package builds would be done. I just compiled
> standalone-tcsh on my SE/30 and it took around two to three hours. I
> started a kernel compile last night and it is still going almost ten
> hours later.

How much RAM do you have?  Are you swapping a lot, or have I just
forgotten what the speed of these machines is?

> I was also wondering if it is possible to cross-compile packages for
> m68k?

This is something that people have taken some look at.  Some packages
would be pretty straight-forward to cross-compile, I think, but others
would be real pains.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...