Subject: Re: Hang at adb0 - 1.6sbc
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/30/2002 11:38:38
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>Here's a slightly modified 1.6/mac68k SMALLRAM kernel, which happens
>to be optimized for 68030, and has the sbc driver, too. (I had to take
>the phy's out, to get it to build.)
>
>   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/test/SMALLRAM/netbsd.gz
>
>I don't know if that will help with the apparent adb hangs. There may
>be a bug in the adb driver. If so, I'd think it would have to get a
>little further, or it least do something different, with no adb
>devices attached. (Try it.)

I downloaded it & tried it - it boots OK! Here is the relevant section:

mainbus0 (root)
obio0 at mainbus0
adb0 at obio0                            <---- note it got by this ok
originally
asc0 at obio0: Apple Sound Chip
sbc0 at obio0: options=1<PDMA>
scsibus0 at sbc0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
zsc0 at obio0 chip type 0
zsc0 channel 0: d_speed   9600 DCD clk 0 CTS clk 0
zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0 (console i/o)
zsc0 channel 1: d_speed   9600 DCD clk 0 CTS clk 0
zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1
nubus0 at mainbus0
macvid0 at nubus0 slot c: Toby frame buffer card
macvid0: 640 x 480, monochrome
macfb0 at macvid0
wsdisplay0 at macfb0 (kbdmux ignored)
ae0 at nubus0 slot e: MacCon Ethernet, 64KB memory
ae0: Ethernet address 00:00:94:22:1e:72
fpu0 at mainbus0 (mc68882)
adb0 (direct, IIsi series): 2 targets     <-----here is where it
hangs in the version on the netBSD FTP site
aed0 at adb0 addr 0: ADB Event device
akbd0 at adb0 addr 2: extended keyboard
wskbd0 at akbd0 (mux ignored)
ams0 at adb0 addr 3: 1-button, 100 dpi mouse
wsmouse0 at ams0 (mux ignored)
...etcetera

Dan Killoran