Subject: Re: working around the lack of transfer options
To: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2002 14:31:54
On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 01:29:43PM -0500, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> I used Cameron Kaiser's suggestion (cpin) and after a few tries
> managed to figure out the proper syntax.  :)  As long as there is
> enough space on the MacOS part for the file, you can launch the
> Installer, run the Mini-Shell, and enter "cpin :someFileAtMacRootLevel
> /someFileAtBSDRootLevel".  (Colon is analogous to a slash in HFS.)
> I couldn't find any documentation on cpin/cpout, but I didn't spend
> a lot of time looking either.

I think there was some 'help' or 'help cpin', but it's been a *long*
time since I looked at that code...  ;-)

> This might make a good FAQ:  How can I transfer files without a
> network and no floppy support?

Yeah.  Has anyone mentioned hfsutils?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...