Subject: working around the lack of transfer options
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/2002 13:29:43
I used Cameron Kaiser's suggestion (cpin) and after a few tries managed to figure out the proper syntax.  :)  As long as there is enough space on the MacOS part for the file, you can launch the Installer, run the Mini-Shell, and enter "cpin :someFileAtMacRootLevel /someFileAtBSDRootLevel".  (Colon is analogous to a slash in HFS.)  I couldn't find any documentation on cpin/cpout, but I didn't spend a lot of time looking either.

This might make a good FAQ:  How can I transfer files without a network and no floppy support?

Now I just need to look up how to use pkg_add and I'll be set.  :)

Tim

--
Tim Larson          <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester