Subject: faq 6.6 (floppies), modem networking, faq 4.12 (scsiread)
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/24/2002 12:54:16
FAQ point 6.6 seems to indicate that one can't use floppies with the mac68k port.  Is this correct or am I reading it wrong?

If not, it is kind of a bugger to get anything transferred to/from the machine.  (I need to at least get dt for inverse video, it's driving me nuts right now.)  My ethernet card is not supported under NetBSD either.  (At least, I assume the 1997 status page is still accurate.)  Is there a way to copy files between the MacOS and NetBSD parts of the disk?  Or can someone give me a URL to how to get my modem to work?  I've never tried to (or needed to) configure a modem under *nix before, so I need something more than man pages and FAQ entries.  Thanks in advance.

Regarding FAQ point 4.12, I noticed this problem when trying to mount my small /var and /tmp partitions (toward the end of the disk) during Traditional installation.  My disk is 1.2GB.  When I gave up and rolled that space into the root partition, it went fine.  I don't know if that's significant, but it wasn't mentioned so I thought I'd pass it on.

Tim

--
Tim Larson          <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester