Subject: Re: Opinions/folk tales/etcetera
To: Lincoln Rutledge <lrutledge@fairfield.lib.oh.us>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/2002 22:22:40
At 12:13 Uhr -0400 21.10.2002, Lincoln Rutledge wrote:
>-made about 6 different '.xsession's and get kicked back to the login
>screen in xdm every time.  I am a fvwm2 fan and wanted to specify it, but
>even if I just try to launch twm in the .xsession file, it kicks back out.
>I'm using completely default 1.5.3 X monochrome server @640x480.  I don't
>remember if I tried sticking a .xsession in /root and just did 'startx',
>duh I should try that...

Make sure that the last process that is started from .xinitrc - probably
your window manager - is left in the foreground, i.e. do _not_ call it like
'/usr/X11R6/bin/twm &'.

When execution of .xinitrc ends, your X11 session ends with it...

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email