Subject: Opinions/folk tales/etcetera
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lincoln Rutledge <lrutledge@fairfield.lib.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/2002 12:13:02
Hi folks,

After mucking around for a few months I have 1.5.3 running on my Quadra 610.  It's on the 'net and I have installed some apps.  Couple of things:

-made about 6 different '.xsession's and get kicked back to the login screen in xdm every time.  I am a fvwm2 fan and wanted to specify it, but even if I just try to launch twm in the .xsession file, it kicks back out.  I'm using completely default 1.5.3 X monochrome server @640x480.  I don't remember if I tried sticking a .xsession in /root and just did 'startx', duh I should try that...

-does anyone know if color is working, even experimentally, on fb built-in video?  If there is a kernel or an experimental X server, I would play with it.  The archive so far says 'no'.

-does anyone like any gui browsers in monochrome?  links -g doesn't support monochrome, and chimera is pretty awful...  I have 16mb RAM, 32mb swap and 68040.  Haven't been home for a couple of days so Dillo is probably done compiling...

Thanks for any pointers, don't waste a lot of time looking for something to help me, I can barely handle './configure' 'make' 'make install' so code chunks would not be helpful...

--
Lincoln Rutledge
Information Technology Manager