Subject: Re: Status of LC040?
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Bruce ONeel <beoneel@bluewin.ch>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/2002 16:50:55
Hi,

In general the "upgrade to a real 040" advice is the best.

For those of you who can't then (for 1.5.2) at least you can
find the necessary steps at:

http://homepage.iprolink.ch/~bioneel/beo/NetBSD.html.

The above gives instructions to build a software fp
emulator into libc.

Once you build a software fp emulator into libc then
any program built with -msoft-float and then linked
against this libc seems to be 100% solid.

I'll do 1.6 soon, but, Integral launches tomorrow
(http://www.esa.int/integrallaunch) and I'll be real real
busy for a few months after.

cheers

bruce