Subject: Re: KDE build problems on 1.6 (CUPS & libtool)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Derbyshire <mark@taom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/2002 00:57:34
--On Tuesday, 2002 October 15 16:15 -0700 Bill Studenmund
<wrstuden@netbsd.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Mark Derbyshire wrote:
<snip>
>> I got pkgsrc with sup on 5 October and the only non-default selection I
>> made was to use /usr/local instead of /usr/pkg (I really tried to make it
>> work, but after hacking away for hours on some non-NetBSD package config
>> and make files, I threw in the towel). I use tcsh and also set unlimit
>> datasize, but I can't say if these have any effect.
>
> Ahh. You're using pkgsrc. Good.
>
> How exactly did you set it to use /usr/local instead of /usr/pkg? Also,
> what packages were giving you problems with /usr/pkg?

Most of what I need is in pkgsrc. But, I have some custom configurations
and patches for sendmail, cyrus-imap, cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imsp that are a
few versions ahead of the NetBSD packages. When the non-NetBSD configure
scripts start looking for things like db4 that I build out of pkgsrc into
/usr/pkg, things get messy fast.

So I set up /etc/mk.conf to contain LOCALBASE=/usr/local per the docs. The
packages generally build fine and find each other there w/o intervention.

> Bug the folks on tech-pkg, they should be able to help.

Thanks, I didn't see that mailing list when I was searching around.

Cheers,
Mark