Subject: install NetBSD on quadra 630 or newbie to port-mac68k
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: webmaster@datazap.net <webmaster@datazap.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/2002 12:31:11
Hi,

I am trying to install NetBSD 1.6 on a Quadra 630. I would like to turn it
into router. Anyway, I have been running into some problems. First of all,
is there doc on how to install NetBSD on a Mac with an IDE hard drive?
Does anyone know what ethernet cards are compatible with NetBSD? The FAQs
seem to be a little bit vague in this area. The reason why I am asking is
because with the ethernet card that's in it now the kernel is recognizing
the card at boot up, but it seems to crash if I try to use it. Could
anyone give a reason as to why this is happening?

Any help that anyone is will to give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Al