Subject: 1.6 + cabletron and an imap question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: olof hennig <bbq@hennig.nu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/2002 02:50:26
I'd like to upgrade my SE/30 to netbsd 1.6 but I'm hesitating. The
reason is that I have a Cabletron ethernet card and to get it running
under 1.5.3 I had to compile a kernel on my own, after editing
if_aereg.h. The whole proces took about 24 hours. That's why I wonder
if anyone has any experience with netbsd 1.6, SE/30 and Cabletron
cards? If so, am I facing another day of compilation if I decide to
install or will it work out of the box?

Besides that I want to install imap on my SE, but I've had no success
with any of the binaries on netbsd.org. Again, has anyone succeded with
that and can give me some pointers?

olof hennig