Subject: Package Build Problems on Mac IIsi
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Cathryn L. Kliegel <kliegel@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/2002 16:29:21
Hi All:

Installing packages on my Mac IIsi has problems. I am running

netbsd 1.5.3
mac IIsi
packages sup'ed to latest

I compile packages with the following script run in the appropriate
directory:

make fetch-list > fetch.sh
chmod +x fetch.sh
./fetch.sh
make depend
make
make install
make clean CLEANDEPENDS=YES

Some packages work (qmail, mutt), but others fail (gnucash, mozilla),
all in the same way. When executing make the build gets to the point of
running conftest, and hangs when testing threads:

checking for rand_r... yes
checking for getpwuid_r... no
checking whether pthread_getspecific is posix like... yes
checking whether pthread_mutex_trylock is posix like...
<hangs here>

In a related question I always run "make clean CLEANDEPENDS=YES" at the
end of my build to save disk space. This does not seem to clean up the
tar.Z files in /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles. Is there a way to do this
automagically? Do I need these files after the build? Will it hurt
anything if I nuke them?

Thank you very much for your attention and help.

Sincerely

James