Subject: Re: System 7.0.1
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org, Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/2002 10:19:33
11.10.2002 09:04:17, Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br> wrote:

>I've got System 7.0.1 from Apple. The file is named System_7.0.1.smi.bin.
>So I've got Stuffit Expander for GNU/Linux to "unstuff" this file. After
>that, 3 files appeared:
>
>- System 7.0.1.smi.data (4.6M)
>- System 7.0.1.smi.info (128)
>- System 7.0.1.smi.rsrc (303k)
>
>But I have no idea what to do with this files to put on floppy disks to
>install on a Macintosh SE/30.
>
>Where can I find documentation about that?

Apple used to supply disk images (5 files). You have the self mounting version, it will mount as a filesystem under MacOS but is pretty useless anywhere else.
Find the disk images ( if Apple pulled them you're out of luck. Maybe I still have them around somewhere... ) or find the "Network Access Disk" - more or less a cut down System 7.5.3 on a floppy.

have fun
Michael