Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD-1.6 on Macintosh SE/30
To: Alexander Koponen <alexander@radiobromma.nu>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/2002 15:31:57
>   Sep 25 17:46:07 init: fatal signal: Illegal instruction

Could this be related to the 68040-centric compile of NetBSD-1.6? I don't
have a 68030 handy at the moment.

What I would try is a kernel compiled specifically for your '030 and for
the SE/30's hardware. It'll be much smaller and it very well may work.

I can compile one for you on one of my m68k systems if you send me the
dmesg output. Or maybe someone else has an SE/30 and can send a dmesg?

> I tried asking on #netbsd ircnet, but everyone keeps taunting me for
> lying, they say that NetBSD has never ever had the message "So I sez to
> him...". Cause they ask me were it is crashing, I say, "directly after..."
> and so it goes. My guess is that this is only for netbsd-mac68k and they
> don't use it. I also use NetBSD on i386, alpha and sparc and I have not
> seen this message there.

No, of course they wouldn't have seen this - the booter is only for MacOS.
People on irc talk too much - if they don't know what you're talking
about, they should keep to themselves...

> Ps: I tried going on netbsd.org several times to browse the maillinglist
> for this, but it wont work since I run both IPv4 and IPv6 at home and
> mozilla chooses IPv6 by default. netbsd.org does not work on IPv6, so
> everyone with both IPv6 and IPv4 can only access the page via ipnumber.

What doesn't work? The last time I viewed NetBSD's web page via IPv6, the
only problem was with some of the images, and I thought even that was
fixed. Oh, well - I'm on a system that only has 40 megs of memory, so no
Mozilla here...

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs