Subject: RE: This kernel is not in a format which the Booter can execute.
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/2002 06:58:58
Don wrote:
>110% is _really_ full. 100% is not actually full, it is just full + a
>little extra space for emergency use by root. So if root puts more stuff
>on the disk, then it will be over 100% full. try searcing for "df 100%
>full" on google.

Interesting!  I will definitely look that up.

>you'll probably need a  bigger disk. 250Meg isn't enough. I just get by
>with a 500M disk: still not enough room for lots of src.

I already have 1.2 GB.  IIRC I had 150MB for / and 380MB for /usr.  I want to install comp, man, xbase, xcomp, xfont, xserver - maybe that's not enough?  It does total 151MB.

Bob wrote:
>Installing on multiple partitions with the Traditional Method requires
>some "magic".  Sysinst will handle all that for you and you shouldn't
>have any problems booting it with the newer Booter.
>
>What happened was the Installer ended up trying to put everything on
>your root partition and didn't use your /usr partition at all.

Doh!  I guess I really need to try getting sysinst to work right this next time.  I thought setting up the fstab before installing the base sets was supposed to handle this.  It would explain how it ran out of space during the last set though - I was 1MB short on the root partition.

Tim
--
Tim Larson          <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester