Subject: Re: NetBSD without MacOS
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: David Buxton <davidbuxton@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/2002 12:31:03
On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 07:35  am, chris wrote:

> I don't know off the top of my head which systems require what minimum
> OS, but there are probably a few that require at least 7.5.3 to boot
> (although they might all be early PPC's, so they won't really apply to
> this list)

The last 68k Macs needed 7.5.1 or 7.5.2 to boot (with the appropriate
Enabler). 7.5.3 will boot any 68k Mac, all the NuBus PowerMacs and
quite a few PCI PowerMacs (7.6 dropped support for pre-68030 Macs).

I think Apple provide all the machine-specific Enablers on their FTP
servers too, which are necessary for certain machines on certain System
versions.

David.