Subject: Re: NetBSD without MacOS
To: Donald Bruce Stewart <dons@cse.unsw.edu.au>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/2002 02:35:25
>Is there any reason to use 7.5.3? 7.0.1 seems smaller and faster.
>What about the 6.x series?

The booter requires at least System 7... but between 7.0.1 and 7.5.3, I
think that might be more of an issue of what the minimum the Mac requires
to boot.

I don't know off the top of my head which systems require what minimum
OS, but there are probably a few that require at least 7.5.3 to boot
(although they might all be early PPC's, so they won't really apply to
this list)

Also, System 7.5.3 (the the .5 updater) have been free on Apple's site
for a while, but this is the first time I have heard that 7.0.1 is
available free as well (there are some parts to 7.0.1 and updaters that
have always been there for free, but I didn't know of a full installer,
so I suspect that is a newer thing).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>