Subject: Re: NetBSD without MacOS
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/2002 14:04:04
Hi,

> I have the original disks of MacOS, but some disks have problems. Where
> can I find images of disks with MacOS?

Various versions of MacOS are available for free from Apple, but they make
it more difficult than they used to to find it.

If you can't find it from Apple, you can get:
ftp://ftp.sixgirls.org/pub/tools/Network_Access_Disk_7.5.sea.bin
or
ftp://ftp.sixgirls.org/pub/tools/NetBSD_install_disk.img.bin

The first is a disk image of a bootable floppy that will let you mount
AppleTalk volumes; it's great for booting, mounting an AppleTalk volume
which has disk utilities, and setting up your minimal system.

The second is the same system as the first, but with enough added stuff to
do an install of NetBSD and boot it. For example, it has the Memory
control panel so that 32 bit mode can be enabled, which is necessary.

Technically, I don't think I'm supposed to redistribute modified Apple
software, but when I wrote Apple I was told that the usage wasn't
important enough for them to forward my request for permission to Apple's
legal department. Anyway, I guess I'll make a disk image of all the stuff
needed for NetBSD and keep it separate just to be "correct".

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs