Subject: Re: DayStar Turbo 040
To: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
From: Greg Troutman <mor@linex.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/29/2002 01:59:29
Marco van de Voort wrote:

>I bought a Daystar Turbo 040 today (33 MHz, Euro 10, it was still
>shrinkwrapped), and I immediately swapped it with my Daystar 030/50Mhz in my
>IIci with 1.6. It worked.
>
>Note that this is a 68040 in a 68030 system.
>
>I felt like reporting it, since it isn't explicely named on the supported
>hardware page, though there is a mention of Kevin Radke working on it.

I have a 33 Mhz 68040 Daystar that DOES NOT work.  When I swap it into a
iici running with a
50 Mhz 030 Daystar, it doesn't even make it to the boot screen as it
goes into a video hell
(white screen with about a dozen black lines) straight out of the
booter... It woks great under MacOS
though!!!  I have another 50 Mhz 030 Daystar that DOES NOT work in this
system, but it has an
FPU chip onboard.  Maybe that's a problem?  Again, works great under
MacOS, just not in
an otherwise tight NetBSD box... This is all pretty much hit and miss I
think...