Subject: Re: Harddisks,
To: 'MacBSD' <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2002 10:29:32
On 27.09.02, 19:36:31, Paul Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this isn't directly related to NetBSD, but I'm going to ask anyway. I
> want to install a bigger hard-drive into my Quadra 650, running netbsd, In
> this case I want to do a swap and take the 2gb drive out and put in a bigger
> one, The smallest I can find is a 9gb SCSI 3, Ultra Wide, Assuming I get a
> cable with the 50 pin SCSI 1 plug on one end and 68 pin plug on the other,
> will it work?

Yes, most likely.  You will probably not find such a cable directly, but
there are adapters to connect wide devices to narrow cables. The disk
drive will detect that there is only a narrow, single-ended other end to
talk to, and will downgrade accordingly.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - your basement or mine?
		-- Julian Assange