Subject: Re: scsi-ethernet again
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mattias Sandstrom <mattias@beauty.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/2002 13:30:47
ngc@ff.iij4u.or.jp wrote:
> If you use with former kernel sources (for example, 1.6-release,
> and earlier), you will need changes which Mattias wrote.
> (that is, reverting to cdevsw style)

forgive my ignorance, but what changes would that be exactly? commenting
out the  line with dse_cdevsw removes one error and doesn't introduce
any new ones, so that seems like a good idea, but i still get errors
about a bunch of things not being declared and structs having the wrong
number of members. since many of these lines are identical to what's in
the cabletron driver which i have confirmed compiles just fine on my
system, i'm really stuck. one thing is that if_se.c gives me the same
errors when compiled from the command line while it works fine when
compiled by make, which suggests there are defines and stuff that the
dse driver code doesn't see properly. but, here's the problem: i can
hardly find a single difference in the two drivers regarding what files
are included and what defines are used. i've already changed the
includes to be completely identical, and that didn't do anything. any
help anyone?

here's one of the errors again. the line is exactly the same (except for
the d's, in the two drivers but gives me an error only when compiling
the dse one:

const struct scsipi_periphsw dse_switch = {
	NULL,			/* Use default error handler */
	dsestart,		/* have a queue, served by this */
	NULL,			/* have no async handler */
	dsedone,		/* deal with stats at interrupt time */
};

../../../../dev/scsipi/if_dse.c:306: variable `dse_switch' has
initializer but incomplete type

	/matt