Subject: scsi-ethernet again
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mattias Sandstrom <mattias@beauty.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/2002 23:36:57
ok, i'm ready to start working on that driver, or userland daemon for
now, for the dayna ether/link. i have the docs for the protocol it uses
and i know how to code, but i don't really know how to start since i
come from programming games and embedded apps and never did any real os
programming. anyway, i found this, regarding the cabletron device:

"After cajoling NetBSD to deal with it on the bus (it returns extra
data on INQUIRY) and adding the uk (Unknown SCSI) driver to the pc532
conf.c and files.pc532 file I was able to speak to it.  I then added
the tun (tunnel interface) driver to my kernel and wrote a bad program
to shuttle data between them (hardwired addresses, no ARP), and was
able to ping."

(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-pc532/1996/07/01/0000.html)

sound like exactly what i want to do, but how exactly do i set up
networking to use the tun interface and how do i make my program listen
to it? i guess i'm supposed to set up the network to use tun0 and then
listen to tun1 and somehow create the actual tunnel between these two
devices? or can i just use the same tun* for both? am i making sense?

	thanks,
	matt