Subject: RE: db>t
To: Jonathan Newquist <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/2002 17:39:30
At 7:18 PM -0500 9/13/02, Jonathan Newquist wrote:
>db>t?
>
>wilco on that.

I think you can do a ? or help and get a list of commands.  It's the
traceback that you want.

>one third of the time it does hang to a db> prompt; i will try that
>next time.
>

>the other "various" freezes i encounter are:
>
>about one third of the time it is just a solid, unexplained freeze;
>have to hit the switch.
>
>the other third of the time, it is "cleaned inode isn't!" kernel panic.

If this is as much as 1/3 of the time and you system is becoming
progressively less stable then perhaps it's an NCR vice SBC scsi
driver issue.  I presume you have done a fsck when you should.

>dont know if this could be the same problem causing all cases...  it
>may have to do with the stuff i have installed [ntpd, sshd, postfix,
>joe, attempted qpopper, netatalk & maybe kde111...] cuz it was
>pretty solid initially.
>
>i have high hopes for 1.6, but hear rumors about it not supporting
>68030/33 without 68882.  also hope to get more hd space [enough for
>kernel sources] by booting & installing from a scsi external cd--
>anyone tried that before?
>

>lastly, pardon my ignorance, but google.com & netbsd.org searches didnt help:
>
>from the 040 vs 030 FPU discussion--what does FPSP stand for?

Don't know what it stands for, but it's the package that provides the
FP routines that the 68881/68882 have which are missing from the
68040.  If you are running on a '30 and making your own kernel then
leave that option out.  If you are on a '40 then include it and leave
the FP emulator out (unless it's really a 68LC040).