Subject: Re: sysinst bug and errors
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@clank.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/2002 23:55:16
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> Actually, in context I think it ends up being functionally identical. It's
> been over 5 years since this commit so I don't recall the full analysis.
> However, note that this change appeared in NetBSD 1.3 and is a part of
> several different m68k platforms' releases. This problem seems to be much
> more recent.

Hmm... isn't the idea to call the 040 FPSP if running on an 040 and FPSP
is compiled in, or take an FP emulation trap if on 020/030 and
FPU_EMULATE is compiled in? The code as it is now seems to call the
illegal instruction handler if FPSP is compiled in but the CPU isn't an
040, instead of calling the FP emulator.

However, I don't know how the FP emulation is supposed to work, and the
change didn't fix the problem anyways, so I'm probably wrong somewhere
:)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++