Subject: Re: sysinst bug and errors
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/2002 18:35:48
On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 08:18 AM, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Takeo Kuwata wrote:
>
>>> I think you shouldn't use any kernel configured with "options FPSP" on
>>> non-68040 Macs.
>>
>> I think, this is not responsible for the error, which we are talking.
>>
>> Because the error,
>>
>> uid 0 comm newfs on /:file system full
>> /: write failed, file system is full
>>
>> was also seen in 68030-Macs with no FPU.
>> As Inanaga wrote,
>>
>> LCIII+ (030/33MHz, no FPU) newfs -> error
>> LCIII+ (030/33MHz, + FPU) newfs -> OK

I've been able to confirm what the problem is here and it doesn't look
good.  It is in fact related to the absence of the FPU.  I pulled mine
out and tried doing an installation with the 1.6F distribution and got
the error.  With the FPU installed the installation works fine.

A quick check of the m68k directory doesn't turn up and recent updates,
so this may be caused by a compiler error.

Ideas anyone?

-bob