Subject: Re: sysinst bug and errors
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Takeo Kuwata <tkuwata@virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/2002 14:40:52
>I think you shouldn't use any kernel configured with "options FPSP" on
>non-68040 Macs.

I think, this is not responsible for the error, which we are talking.

Because the error,

uid 0 comm newfs on /:file system full
/: write failed, file system is full

was also seen in 68030-Macs with no FPU.
As Inanaga wrote,

LCIII+ (030/33MHz, no FPU) newfs -> error
LCIII+ (030/33MHz, + FPU) newfs -> OK

>Well, the same error has been reported on other ports but it may be
>caused by a different set of problems.  There it appeared to be a lack
>of free space or inodes on the md device.

Is this really the same error? I do not think so.
This error is not limited in sysinst. Maybe, inodes are not responsible for
this error.

Thanks,

tkuwata (Takeo Kuwata)
e-mail: tkuwata@mac.com