Subject: Re: sysinst bug and errors
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/2002 12:50:02
At 7:50 PM -0500 02.9.2, Bob Nestor wrote:

>Well, the same error has been reported on other ports but it may be
>caused by a different set of problems.  There it appeared to be a lack
>of free space or inodes on the md device.  I verified that the mac68k
>Installation Kernel has more free space and inodes than the i386 which I
>found worked fine.  There might be a problem in the mac68k port with the
>default disk configuration values.  I've built a set of Installation
>Kernels based on today's sources.  If you'd like to test them you can
>find them at:
>
>   ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/netbsd-INSTALL.gz
>    and
>   ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/netbsd-INSTALLSBC.gz
>
>They should work fine for installing any version of 1.6.
>
>Please let me know if you try these and how they worked.  If the fixes I
>put in solved the problem I'll submit them.

I tried Bob's "netbsd-INSTALLSBC.gz" to boot-up on my PowerBook520,
currently works fine NetBSD-1.5ZC, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Same error occured as before;

> uid 0 comm sysinst on /: file system full
> /: write failed, file system is full
> Segmentation fault

This error happens on my other FPU-less Macines, LC475, LC III+ and
PowerBook165. As Takeo Kuwata reported yesterday, 1.6x kernel works fine if
I put FPU on tLC475 and LC III+.

I wonder that 1.5ZC works fine on my PowerBook 520 (and 1.5.3 on other
FPU-less machines), but 1.6 sysinst makes error on it. What was changed?

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga