Subject: desperate problem on the installer
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/2002 17:21:22
Hello

I got a new, smaller and more spacious scsi disk for my Mac (Ultrastar XP
7200 rmp 2gb) to replace the old full-size 5.25" incher I had. I begin to
install, decide to reinstall everything... BUT, damn! This idiotic installer
which gives always scsi read problems acts worse than ever: it doesn't even
create devices. I installed parts of the packages, but without devices I
can't even boot and do the trick of finishing installation from within
MacBSD.

This is ona Quadra610. I got my old IIci and tried my fortune there. NO
better result: the installer doesn't freeze, but creates no devices.

ric