Subject: Re: disklabelling an ide drive
To: None <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
From: schaecsn <schaecsn@gmx.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/2002 16:47:09
Hi,

# schaecsn> - Netbsd looks for the root filesystem on wd0a - mine is at wd0b. Since it's not found on wd0a I get prompted in the middle of the boot process to enter the proper root filesystem. the same is true for swap. Is there a way (bootoption ?) to tell netbsd to look for root and swap at wd0b/wd0d?
#
# Ummm. In NetBSD/mac68k, initial root partition searching is fixed
# in only partition number 0(=a), at least in IDE(maybe also SCSI).

will this change in the future?

# So, it is not able to solve in this case now.

;-(

Remember, when I share the ide drive with macos then macos uses partition "a" for its own purposes. I assume you dedicated a whole ide drive for netbsd.

# schaecsn> - Swapping is not activated. While booting I get
# schaecsn> swapctl: /dev/wd0d: device not configured?
#
# Did you do newfs -I /dev/wd0d?

I thought newfs creates just a ffs filesystem. I did it now but it hasn't helped.

# schaecsn> remember, I do have the mac os disklabel and not the netbsd disklabel, e.g. the filesystem type of wd0b and wd0d is "unkown". is this the problem?
#
# This is a trivial problem(for me). There is a solution, but it is
# little complex.

fine ;-)

- Stefan

--
   ___  ___       __         |   Name: Stefan Schäckeler
  /  / /  /____  (__)__  ___ | E-mail: schaecsn@gmx.de