Subject: Re: NetBSD for Powerbook 145
To: Smith Family <smithrus@hutchtel.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/2002 15:10:22
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Smith Family wrote:

>     I read about how to install NetBSD on the 145 with a test kernel. I have
> installed it, but now the booter (version 2.0.0a7) won't boot after the
> first boot (after i've configured rc.conf and such). It says "the magic
> numbers do not match... improper UFS partition." Would this be something I
> did wrong in Mkfs? Or is it a problem with file corruption?

The Booter may be having trouble figuring out where the NetBSD
partition is. Can you boot from a Mac OS file? (Use the gzipped
GENERIC.gz file, not the tarred kern.tgz.) If so, it means the file
system is fine; then you might use 'dd if=/dev/sd0a count=1 bs=16k |
strings' to figure out the "name" of the NetBSD root partition to fill
into the Booter's settings.

Frederick