Subject: Re: SE/30: Ethernet Vs Accellerator
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/2002 01:45:08
Hello Yoshihisa,

  YS> I've been working on an SE/30 with a Daystar 030/50MHz
    > accelerator and an Asante ethernet card. It works fine
    > with NetBSD.

That's great news.  I'll crack open the Macs again tomorrow
if I can find a friend to help (I have a broken arm, and so
need a pair of willing hands to do any hardware work).

  YS> However, please pay attention on the power
    > consumption. If you install a large HDD with too much
    > power consumption, your SE/30 won't work. If so, try
    > an external HDD.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

If all goes well we could end up with two SE/30s, both with
40MHz accellerators, 16Mb RAM and Ethernet.

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.