Subject: Re: PPPoE and web redirect (Newbie question)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Savage <patricksavage@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/2002 22:21:50
>You can check by doing a "ifconfig -a" that the ae0 interface does not
>have an IP address (no "inet" line), but that pppoe0 (or ppp0) has.

I checked this and found that the ae0 interface does have a IP address. Is this a mistake? I have a
sn0 address which is the gateway and a dynamic IP address on ppp0. Should I have deleted the
ifconfig.ae0 file?

> I'd check your ISP ... many DSL providers are blocking incoming ports 80
> and 25 to eliminate client run servers.

There is no problem here. I had apache running on the router before and it worked fine but now I
need to use another machine as a web server.

Patrick