Subject: Re: Darwin SWIM3 Floppy Driver v0.95
To: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/2002 19:06:01
On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> > Can you get a hold of any Docs for the IO chips in the IIfx and
> > Quadras 900 and 950?  This is another area that's lacking in the 68k
> > Mac world.
>
> I could be mistaken, but I thought those were 6502s (at least in the IIfx,
> anyway). Extremely well-known and easy to program once we can get at them.
> Since I'm a Commodore 64 programmer, I volunteer :-)

But why bother writing a SWIM driver in 6502 asm when you can just
interface to the program that Mac OS loads into them?  Seems like an awful
lot of unnecessary work.

David

David A. Gatwood                                dgatwood@gatwood.net
Developer Docs Writer                             dgatwood@apple.com