Subject: Binutils grief, and a question related to X authentication
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/2002 10:02:02
Hello,

as a last-ditch attempt to get a GCC 3.x up an running, I installed
binutils 2.12, unfortunately, this instantly rendered g++ 2.95.3
inoperative as far as compiling my own C++-programs is concerned, because
ld 2.12 always complains about duplicate symbol definitions in libstdc++.a.

Does anybody have an idea what I could do?

After a week of useless attempts with GCC 3.x on both, NetBSD and MkLinux,
I'm getting more than tired. :(

Another thing I need to tweak is X authentication. When I telnet to the
MkLinux-machine, the only thing I can do to use the NetBSD-box as an
X-terminal is to issue an 'xhost +...' command there, the usual way with
xauth does not work for whatever reason.

Thank you in advance,

	Alex