Subject: Re: wsconsctl doesn't work for me
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Stefan Witzgall <stefan.witzgall@online.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/2002 20:02:24
Hi Hauke,

>"Fr=FCher Vogel f=E4ngt den Wurm"...   ;)

German readers of this list will know what you is meant.

>Stefan Witzgall wrote:
[...]
>>    wsconsctl -k -w encoding=3Dde
>>give an error, that something in some header file xyz.h isn't found instea=
[...]
>Because there is no support in NetBSD/mac68k for switching key maps, yet.
>Those who bother lack the knowledge to change this, and those who know
>don't bother and use dt or X11 instead. This is a volunteer effort, after
>all, and people decide for themselves what to work on.

Should I conclude, that I should use dt? Hmm, and if I want to have a
"clean and standard" Unix systems, that runs with the the usual found
environment for such systems?

Could please any other particiapant of this list say a word or two if there
is any possibility to use a German keyboard and where I should and could do
some work to make a progress?

>Huh? Interesting. I tend to avoid 'vi' like the plague, so others may tell
>you whether this is normal (in the context of 'vi' ;).

What editor should I use in your opinion?

>This should have been safe.  =3D8/
>
>reboot(8) crashing the machine is a bug. Please collect available data
>(including the stack trace that you get from a 't <return>' at the debugger
>prompt) and file a bug report with send-pr.

Okay, I will try to if I can give an useful report. Reproducable, ...

Bye, Stefan