Subject: Re: wsconsctl doesn't work for me
To: Stefan Witzgall <stefan.witzgall@online.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/2002 17:10:37
At 6:15 Uhr +0200 28.4.2002,

"Früher Vogel fängt den Wurm"...   ;)

Stefan Witzgall wrote:

>So why does
>    wsconsctl -k -w encoding=de
>give an error, that something in some header file xyz.h isn't found instead
>of let me use a German keyboard?

Because there is no support in NetBSD/mac68k for switching key maps, yet.
Those who bother lack the knowledge to change this, and those who know
don't bother and use dt or X11 instead. This is a volunteer effort, after
all, and people decide for themselves what to work on.

>Is it a sideeffect that a have to type the uppercase Q in vi to get the
>colon to type something like :wq ? Of course now remembering that I a have
>to use my keyboard with the US layout.

Huh? Interesting. I tend to avoid 'vi' like the plague, so others may tell
you whether this is normal (in the context of 'vi' ;).

>Another thing that looks strange is
>    reboot
>or
>    shutdown -r now
>
>Sometimes it runs through, other times it hangs the system and brings up
>the debugger. Is there a safe and reliable way to restart netbsd?

This should have been safe.  =8/

reboot(8) crashing the machine is a bug. Please collect available data
(including the stack trace that you get from a 't <return>' at the debugger
prompt) and file a bug report with send-pr.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign        "They that can give up essential liberty
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email           to obtain a little temporary safety