Subject: Re: Thanks, it works! was: Re: exec /sbin/init: error 8 on an LC
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Witzgall <stefan.witzgall@online.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2002 20:53:09
David,

>> Booter2.0.0a7.sea.hqx. And great wonder ... it works. I have an Macintosh
>> LC II (LCII, if Google wonders ;-), 68k Mac with 6 MB RAM running NetBSD.
>
>So what do you intend to do with this museum piece? If I can find a 10Base-T
>transceiver I'll network my Centris and see how well it runs a mail
>server/web server/world domination daemon.

here are about four or five LC II's waiting to have some load on their old
days. It's just for fun and a sort of learning which drives me to run
NetBSD on them. Some years ago I had MkLinux and LinuxPPC on my 8200 (the
tower version of the 7200; sold only in Europe/Germany?), though I could
crawl a little into Unix. And I found it interesting.

Ah, a 10Base-T-card should be also in my museum ;-)

Ok, to be more precise:
TeX, editors, Python and Perl are some canditates I want to learn running
under Unix. But I remember: X11 could be a too heavy load for a sixteen MHz
machine...

>> Thank you very much. If I had had your advise earlier I would have saved
>> two days or more of silly work.
>
>It's always that way though, isn't it? It's always easy when you know how,
>but until you do, it is very frustrating. Very good to know you are back on
>track.

Back? New! I never before had experiences with NetBSD.

Stefan