Subject: Re: color X server with ELF snapshot?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/2002 13:55:48
--6QRm19z+IuqknR2w

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 12:19:32PM -0400, Mark E. Perkins wrote:
> Problem is that libgnumalloc.so.0.0 is right there in /usr/lib. Probing t=
he=20
> X server with ldd indicates that lib{m,z,c} are also indicate "not found"=
,=20
> though they're also in /usr/lib. Probing the default X server (which runs=
=20
> fine) finds lib{m,z,c} in /usr/lib.
>=20
> Is this an ELF vs. a.out problem? Or is it a 1.5 vs. -current problem?
> The color X server I'm using is Xmac68k_color from
>=20
>         ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/mac68k_Xservers/

What does file(1) say about your color X server?

If it's an a.out binary, then it's working at all because you have
a.out emulation switched on in your kernel (which is probably the
case in the snapshot you installed). Sure enough, in the GENERIC
config:

options   COMPAT_AOUT_M68K # compatibility with NetBSD/m68k a.out
options   EXEC_AOUT # support for exec'ing a.out

So you need a.out versions of these libs installed under wherever
COMPAT_AOUT_M68K looks for its files (/emul/a.out_m68k?).

Or, you need to recompile the X server for ELF.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--6QRm19z+IuqknR2w