Subject: Re: Quadra 840AV scsi DMA
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/2002 11:28:19
Hi,

> Looking around, I can see that we can pretty much copy the bus_dma()
> routines from the NeXT port.

Is this really smart? SCSI on NeXT has never been finished, much less
production quality. Does it have the same SCSI chip? I'd love to see my
NeXT work one of these days...

I don't know about Atari, sun3, or hp, but Amiga has some really nice DMA
SCSI controllers that work wonderfully under NetBSD.

I'd like to help get DMA working on AV Macs, too. Donald Lee donated an
840AV to me, and it's running release, but I'd like to get current-ELF on
it and play with the DMA code. Please keep us posted here!

Thanks,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs