Subject: Re: Change/Clone a MAC/NIC Address?
To: Gene ENonymous <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/2002 18:58:54
Hi,

> Yessss! This has enabled me to register. NAT is working good enough for
> now.

Good. I've set up many NAT Quadras. They make stuff SOOO much easier.

> Next question. To get the most out of my connection under windows 98
> I had to tune tcp receive window (RWIN) and MTU. I can set MTU in the
> ifconfig.sn0, but how can I effect the receive window of the sn0
> interface to maximize my transmission speeds?

Adjusting the MTU on a 10-base-T network used for Internet access? I'd
never even considered such a thing. How fast is your line?

Someone else will have to answer this for you - I've never run a Quadra on
an Internet line that needs more than the 600k/sec that the NuBus ethernet
cards generally do.

Good luck,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs