Subject: RE: IP over SCSI, possible?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/2002 21:33:05
Out of curiousity, has anybody ever tried the Cabletron driver with a
Kinetics adapter? It would take a mild driver hack to work (recognizing the
Kinetics device ID), but should work according to a passage in the Cabletron
programming docs.

Also, there is/was someone in Japan working on a driver for the Sonic
SCSI/Ethernet boxes. Someone should really try to fold it into the tree.

BTW, FWIW, a while back, I tried using BasiliskII on a PC to capture the
traffic to a Dayna SCSIlink. Very intersting... it identifies itself as a
SCSI communications device and apparently uses standard read/write calls
(along with a couple of vendor-specific calls to determine MacID, etc).
Every 500ms, it would dutifully try to poll 1500 bytes. Unfortunately, I
never got around to taking the data packets apart, so I don't know how much
packet construction/deconstruction one needs to do.

<<<John>>>