Subject: Re: installer problems
To: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
From: Pieter Coolsma <pcoolsma@hetnet.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/2002 19:25:44
> 4. i begin installation using installer. well it stucks, after
> decompressing
> loads of files it gives scsiRead() error #5 scsiWrite() #5 some
> times... cyl
> not found or such and halts there.. trying another packet yields the
> same
> result, etiher immediatly or after somefiles. reformatting, retying...
> no
> help either
>
> i put the disk on a quadra, tried to insstall.. Installer moutns the
> disk
> with a read error #5 immediatly, then installs loads of stuff and gives
> the
> same errors as above. So? i made a whole sequential&random surface scan
> of
> the disk and it is  OK.

Hi,

I had the same problems on my Quadra 700 with 1Gb Seagate. Finally I
succeeded by installing the packages one by one. I used Installer 1.1h.
Also verify if you actually downloaded NetBSD 1.5.2 in stead of an older
version. I downloaded an older version, 1.5 I believe, and that gave me
a lot errors.

Success!

--
Pieter Coolsma