Subject: Re: perl build failure on -current
To: Takeshi Shibagaki <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/2002 14:04:24
Le lundi 4 f=E9vrier 2002, =E0 10:20 , Takeshi Shibagaki a =E9crit :
> remi_zara> I tried to build perl from pkgsrc on a -current system.
> remi_zara> Here is uname:
> remi_zara> NetBSD mardi.remi-zara.org 1.5ZA NetBSD 1.5ZA (RZARA) #0:=20=

> Wed Jan  9 06:28:28 CET 2002
>
> Where do you get kernel and userland? You use ELF kernel and a.out
> userland or an opposite combination, aren't you?

I installed an ELF snapshot, and compiled a custom ELF kernel.
I did the test described=20
here:http://www2.fr.netbsd.org/Documentation/elf.html#how-to-tell
And it responded ELF

And at the top of my dmesg is
[ using 280064 bytes of netbsd ELF symbol table ]

So I guess both my kernel and my userland are ELF

> remi_zara> /usr/lib/libgcc.a(__main.o)(.data+0x0): undefined reference=20=

> remi_zara> `__DTOR_LIST__'
> remi_zara> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> remi_zara> *** Error code 1
>
> If you don't understand this error message, you should use a.out
> environment. It's simple and stable.

I admit I don't understand this error. That's why I'm asking.
I installed an ELF snapshot because that was what was available.
I guess snapshots are useful to test new features, and I thought=20
reporting errors would help squashing the bugs....

R=E9mi

--
R=E9mi Zara
web: http://www.remi-zara.net/